This sauce is really good if you like to add a punch to your dish, especially meat but also fish, vegetables, eggs or in the salad dressing. Horseradish is a root vegetable, spicy hot when fresh, its Japanese version, called wasabi, is famous as it is traditionally used with sushi.
Horseradish contains an oil that has got a mustard like flavour, but more spicy, in fact when I grate it I cover my nose as the fumes can make you cry a lot! The spiciness it’s stronger when just grated, it diminishes after few days and also when it is cooked, that’s why the store-bought horseradish sauce doesn’t give you the same full breath-taking flavour experience as the homemade one…
- 175g Horseradish
- 70g White Wine Vinegar
- 5g Sugar
- 70g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5g Salt
- Clean surface areas and get your ingredients nice and ready.
- Wash horseradish under water,dry it and then clean it with a knife. Grate it.
- Mix together with oil, vinegar, sugar and salt until smooth.
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight container covering the surface with oil.
- 175gr Meerrettich
- 70gr Weissweinessig
- 5gr Zucker
- 70gr Olivenöl extra vergine
- 5gr Salz
- Arbeitsfläche reinigen und Zutaten bereit stellen.
- Meerrettich waschen, trocknen, mit einem Messer säubern und fein reiben.
- Mit allen Zutaten im Mixer vermischen, bis es sämig wird.