SALMON AND POTATO SKEWERS
This is a super fast, very healthy recipe that will appeal to kids too…
And because salmon is particularly rich in Omega-3 it is very good for children as they play a crucial role in brain function, as well as normal growth and development.
Omega-3 are necessary for human health, but the body can’t make them. You have to get them through food.
The Mediterranean diet emphasizes foods that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, including whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, fish, olive oil, garlic, and moderate wine consumption. Many studies have shown that people who follow this diet are less likely to develop heart disease.
For a complete, up to date, overview about health and Omega-3 check this link.
In this recipe the fish is associated with the potato, rich in carbohydrates, making it a meal in itself.
For the breadcrumbs use old bread and crush it in a blender. Otherwise I suggest you buy breadcrumbs from a local bakery, they usually have them. In Switzerland many little supermarkets also carry products from local producers, I find it very nice and handy.
Cut the salmon into cubes, they approximately have to be the same size of the potatoes ones.
Bear in mind that if you are overweight you don’t want to consume a lot of salmon, especially the farmed one.
- 5 Potatoes
- 300g Salmon fillets
- Thyme or chives
- 5 tablespoons Olive Oil EVO
- Clean surface areas and get your ingredients nice and ready.
- Turn oven on 200°C
- Put pot full of water on stove and bring it to boil.
- If you want to be faster peel potatoes and cut them. Put them in the boiling water for 5 minutes maximum.
- Mix breadcrumbs with herbs in a bowl.
- Cut salmon into cubes and pass them in the breadcrumbs.
- Put skewers together, sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Put them on oven tray and brush them with olive oil.
- Put tray in oven for 5 minutes.